Saturday, December 31, 2011

Preview: Slow Dancing-Ted DiBIase visual

Rosy was having lunch by herself at a local café. Once the waiter took her order, she then looked at a flyer on the café window. The blue-colored flyer was for a dance studio and it was offering classes in Latin dancing, which includes salsa, cha-cha, samba, rumba, and tango. The classes were held at the Move in Motion Dance Studio at 6 o’clock and were on Mondays and Wednesdays. Once Rosy ate half her lunch, put half into her to-go box, and paid and tipped the waiter, she walked up to the window and got a copy of the flyer.

Then, a male voice spoke to her, “This should be fun.”

Rosy replied, “Yeah, I’m thinking about taking some dance classes, just to have something to do.”

Before saying another word, Rosy took a look at the guy who stood next to her. He was tall with medium blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. He wore a blue short-sleeved t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

“I like to dance too, when I’m not wrestling somebody.” The guy said to her with a smile on his face.

Rosy lightly laughed at his comment. “You’re kinda cute.”

“Thanks, I think you’re lovely. My name’s Ted.” He said as he introduced himself to her.

“Nice to meet you, Ted. I’m Rosy.” She replied.

“I’d love to try some Latin dancing, but I don’t have a partner.” Rosy added.

“I’d be honored to be your dancing partner at the class.” Ted kindly offered.

“Wow! That would be great! Meet me at the Move in Motion Dance Studio at 6 o’clock tonight.” Rosy said as she smiled at him.

“I’ll be there and ready to dance.” Ted said to her before they went their separate ways.

With her lunch in tow, Rosy went home to her place downtown and got her dancing outfit ready. Once she took a bath and put on some perfume, Rosy looked into her closet and found her perfect dancing dress. It was a short, purple semi-formal one shoulder dress with a V-neckline and elegant ruching throughout the dress. Her shoes were purple satin with side bows and six-and-a-half inch heels. As soon as the perfume dried on her skin, she put on her dress and heels before taking her purse. She left the house at 4:30 and drove over to Move in Motion Dance Studio. She arrived at 5 p.m. and went into room 120 where the Latin dance classes her held, she also noticed that other dance classes were taught at the studio such as belly dancing, hip-hop, jazz, tap, etc. There were a few other couples and pairs at the Latin dance class when Rosy entered the room.

Rosy’s partner Ted, whom she met at the café where she had lunch that afternoon, arrived early, 5:30 to be exact.

She smiled at Ted and said, “Why Ted, you’re here early and might I say you look really handsome.”

“Why thank you, Rosy. That’s a lovely dress you have on. Is that new?” Ted replied.

“Thanks, I’ve had this in my closet for a while. I haven’t worn it till now.” Rosy responded as she blushed at his compliment.

Class got started at 6 o’clock and everyone got started on the first lesson, which is the salsa. The instructors, a Spanish man and a Mexican woman, showed everyone at the class how to dance the salsa before playing the music. As Rosy and Ted began dancing, they were lost in each other’s eyes while their bodies were lost in the sensual Latin groove. Rosy then got a sniff of Ted’s cologne as they moved.

“I really like your cologne. What’s it called?” Rosy asked Ted.

“I’m wearing this cologne called Gentleman. I like your fragrance too, Rosy. What is that heavenly scent?” Ted replied.

“Oh thanks, I’m wearing Bananas & Honey. That cologne you’re wearing really fits you, Ted.” Rosy said with a smile on her face.

They continued to dance and the chemistry between grew with each movement. As soon as class was over for the night, Ted asked Rosy, “Would you love to go on a date with and maybe we can dance some more?”

Rosy happily said, “I would love to, Ted.”

Ted wrote down his phone number on a sticky note and said, “That’s great. I can pick you up tomorrow night at 8 o’clock. We can go out to dinner, go to my place, and dance the night away.”

“I look forward to our date tomorrow night, Ted. I might even wear a new dress for the occasion.” Rosy replied.

“I can’t wait to see you tomorrow night, Rosy.” Ted said as they walked out of the dance studio hand in hand before going their separate ways for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment